You broke my heart in your hand,
And let the pieces fall into the sand.
And in the sand they blended in,
Then caught to blow away upon the wind.
I walk down the beach in your path,
Wondering why we did not last.
The birds cry and sing in the air,
Echoing my lost hope and despair.
My heart throbs in its pain,
As the thunder announces the rain.
I walk faster to quicken my pace,
As the raindrops hit my face.
As I try to make my retreat,
The gentle waves lap at my feet.
Causing the sorrow to melt away,
As the beach begged me to stay.
I kicked some wet sand into the air,
And ran my fingers through my hair.
The rain felt good in the warmth of the sun,
So I stayed on the beach until a new day had begun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment