Its the fuel for your anger flame,
The wicked smile I've it to blame.
My brain tells me to run away,
My heart in pity intends to stay.
My love can't compete with your drunken nights,
My fearful heart shivers in memory of those fights.
Condemnation clouds every face with a frown,
And I can tell they wish we'd leave town.
Their whispers confirm my fears,
As you drown you sorrows in each beer.
My life is this dead end street,
A battle with a foe I never will defeat.
You smile at women as they pass,
And yet I rarely get a glance.
I find them in my bed at night,
And leave the house to avoid the fight.
Another bruise, broken jaw or blackened eye,
I promise myself I'll say goodbye.
No more pain or judgment in their sight,
One day I'll tell you your last goodnight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment